Thursday, October 9, 2008

Get rid of the baby stuff?!

I'm just not ready. We're having a garage sale, but I'm not ready to part with all of the stuff that came along with my boys (now 2 and 1/2 and 1 year). I'm still holding on to the hope that my husband will give in and we'll have just one more. I've always wanted a bigger family. Growing up it was just my brother and I and he is 7 and 1/2 years younger than me. I just feel like there is another baby waiting to join our family.

When our second was colicky and would start crying at 7:00pm every night and go until 10:30pm or 12:00am or 1:30am it was so stressful and exhausting that he said we were done. Then our baby boy turned into a sleeper and we thought we'd try again this fall. But our other son was 2 and all that it entails. A lack of listening skills and again with the sleeping problems. It takes, on average, an hour to get him to sleep at night with someone in the room with him. He won't stay in his bed or even his room. And again we decided our hands were full.

I'm hoping next fall will be good timing for us to think about it again. In the last three months our older son is already showing signs of improvement and I am hopeful for his third birthday. By next fall the baby will be leaving babyhood behind officially by Halloween so if we can conceive before he turns two we can get well into 2 and 1/2 before a potential third baby arrives.

So, for now I'm holding on to my baby dreams and all that stuff too.

1 comment:

Bri said...

Keep on him Laurel he will give in, becuase "if the momma's happy then everyone is happy". So it is in Steve's best interest.