Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What's for dinner?

This is something I struggle with nightly. I've tried planning ahead. Use some time on the weekend to plan the whole week. This is actually very effective and helpful, but I let the weekend time slip away from me, not that it even takes that long. So why don't I do it then? I'm a procrastinator to be sure.

Okay, so dinner tonight. Pork chops because they are already out of the freezer. What to do with them? I scour foodnetwork.com, racaelray.com, and marthastewart.com looking for my answer, an easy recipe with ingredients I actually own. This routine happens at least once a week. For tonight I choose a Giada De Laurentiis recipe from The Food Network, Pork Chops alla Pizzaiola, which I have actually made once before and I think they were good.

Now if I can only get my toddler watching mindless TV and the baby eating some finger foods stuck in the high chair long enough to have the chance to get dinner on the table before 10pm.

No comments: