Friday, October 3, 2008

Stay At Home Mom becomes Work At Home Mom

I'm living my dream. I have ALWAYS wanted to be a mom. I always knew I would stay at home with my kids if at all possible. I guess I actually became a work at home mom before my first son was even born. While working with a friend of mine, who also turned out to be pregnant and due a month after me, I suggested that she keep me in mind if she didn't already know who would be caring for her child after the birth. She said she would talk it over with her husband, but she was pretty much in. We ended up both having boys and they are only 10 days apart. So in August of 2006 when they were 5 months old I became a work at home mom. I felt like our little family could use a little extra in the finance area. At least I could make the car payment. I also get to stay with my kids and I think my friend feels like she has someone she can trust to leave her son with.

I guess my services are wanted because another friend asked if I could watch her daughter too. In the state of California you have to be licensed to watch kids from more than one family so I set off to figure this all out. In my home day care I currently watch 5 children including 2 of my own, four of them are 2 and 1/2 and my other son is 1. Hands full? You bet! And I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: